©2018 by Newton Says No. Proudly created with Wix.com

 

 NEWTON SAYS NO

DEFENDING OUR COMMUNITY FROM A MONSTROUS COUNCIL

SIGNATURES SO FAR!

LET'S KEEP SPREADING

THE WORD!

fb-orange-txt.png

NOTICE

As you probably know, Newton Says No now exists as a political entity as well as a pressure group, since three NSN councillors gained office following the election of May 2 2019.

As an act of good faith in the new executive, and the various other people we’ll need to wrangle with, we’ve suspended functionality on this website for the time being.
 

We are not, however, putting our satirical weapons beyond use.


Our objective remains the same: the Local Plan must be revised. And by revised we mean hung, drawn, quartered, torn apart by horses; its head put on a spike outside Asda and the remains thrown into a plague pit with the careers of the people who devised it.

If that doesn’t happen then this site will be back with some updates.


In the meantime please sign the petition (link above on a PC / below on a mobile) if you haven’t yet. And you can still write to our campaign manager at batty@newtonsaysno.co.uk

FIGHT FOR NEWTON ABBOT

TEIGNBRIDGE DISTRICT COUNCIL'S ASSAULT ON OUR TOWN

Do you live in Newton Abbot? Here’s something you should know.

Newton Abbot is facing the greatest challenge of its 800-year history. Teignbridge District Council, in league with a very greedy and ambitious local farmer, made plans to double the size of the town and its population - with new houses built to the North, West and South of the town. They planned to pour concrete all around the town’s greatest beauty spot, the Grade I listed Church of St Mary the Virgin and the rolling hills beyond.

The plan, if it goes ahead, will also destroy Decoy Woods by putting a road through them. They wanted to pour concrete too on a zone of Special Scientific Interest, endangering the existence of a very rare species of bat. The plan went beyond all logic or reason.

Well, the Executive that hatched these plans was very unpopular and is no more, because they were mostly voted out on May 2 2019. There is a new, Lib Dem executive now and a council that includes three NSN councillors. But the Local Plan is still very much alive, and all sorts of unsavoury sorts have their fingers and investments stuck in it. The question now is, will Trignbridge's new leaders have the balls to throw this appalling plan on the bonfire?

We're here to see that they do.

KEEP SAYING NO.